Hot Spinach-Artichoke Dip
2 points per servings
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 1 cup(s) onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 8 oz canned water chestnuts, sliced, drained and coarsely chopped
- 14 oz canned artichoke hearts, without oil, quartered, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 39mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, water chestnuts, and artichokes; sauté 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, sour cream, 1⁄2 cup of Cheddar cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining 1⁄2 cup of Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with baked tortilla chips (need to count POINTS values for chips). Yields about 1/4 cup of dip per serving.