Sweet Pepper Coconut Corn Chowder
A fantastic blend of sweet and spicy flavors that work together beautifully. Very colorful and beautiful to serve. Perfect for late summer or throughout the cold winter months. Completely vegan but so good it will please any palate.
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 medium whole leek, finely diced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced; stems and seeds removed
- 14 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 each medium red and yellow pepper, seeds and stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- (2) 14 oz cans coconut milk (or light coconut milk)
- 2 cups water
Thoroughly clean the leek before chopping.
In a medium pot, fry the leek, carrots, garlic, cayenne, and jalapeño in the oil on medium-low heat. Stir the ingredients so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
When the leeks begin to soften, stir in the garbanzo beans, salt, red and yellow peppers, corn, coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Can be frozen in individual portions and reheated as needed.
Note: the soup is SO good, but a little rich (for me) with both cans of coconut milk. I recommend trying it with one can regular coconut milk and one can light coconut milk.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy salmon with celery sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Pie with a Twist 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Kissed Chicken salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger Honey Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple-Coconut Mahi-Mahi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)