Savory Herb-Crusted Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 * 1 egg
- 1 * 1 tbsp. water
- 6 * 6 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 5 * 5 cups frozen mixed vegetables or your favorite frozen vegetable blend
- 2 * 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 * 2 cups Swanson Chicken Stock
- 1/4 * 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 * 1/2 of a 17.3-oz. pkg. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 * 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, and/or oregano
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. heat oven to 400 degrees F. beat egg and water in small bowl with fork.
2. stir turkey and vegetables in 13 by 9" baking dish.
3. heat butter in 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat. add flour and cook and stir 3 min. gradually stir stock into saucepan. cook and stir 5 min. or until mixture boils ans thickens. stir in black pepper. pour stock mixture over turkey mixture.
4. unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. roll pastry into 13 by 9" rectangle. place pastry over filling. press pastry to rim to seal. brush pastry w/ egg mixture and sprinke w/ herbs.
5. bake 25min. or until pastry is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbling.