Turkey & Tomato Panini
A creamy spread full of Parmesan and fresh basil cozies up to turkey and summer-ripe tomato slices for a savory hot sandwich that will quickly become a go-to mealtime solution.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced reduced-sodium deli turkey
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
1.Have four 15-ounce cans and a medium skillet (not nonstick) ready by the stove.
2.Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each slice of bread. Divide turkey and tomato slices among 4 slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
3.Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 panini in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the panini, then weight it down with the cans. Cook the panini until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining panini.
NutritionPer serving: 285 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 27 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 5 g fiber; 680 mg sodium; 118 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium & Iron (15% daily value).
You'll also love
- White Bean and Chicken Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eileen's Double Potato Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Crab & Horseradish Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- chicken wings: Sweet and Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Peaches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood Stew with Tomatoes and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Turkey Sub Sandwich * 0/5 (0 Votes)