chicken wings: Sweet and Spicy Drumettes
you can choose to bake or grill the drumettes.
- 2 lbs chicken drumettes
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 C. honey
- 2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 Tbsp ground ancho chile
- 2 tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 350*.
2) In a small sauce pan add butter and melt over medium-low heat. Stir in honey and cook until mixture bubbles, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, pecans, ground ancho chile, and garlic powder. Season marinade with salt and pepper to taste..
3) Reserve 1/4 of marinade; pour remaining marinade into freezer bag with chicken for 3 hours.
4) Arrange on baking sheet. Baste with marinade. Bake chicken for about 25 minutes. Baste about half way through.
You can decide to grill instead of bake.