Texas Potatoes (Mike Pryor)
- Cook 1 large onion in 3 sticks butter until onion is soft.
- In large bowl, mix
- 2 bags frozen hash brown southern potatoes
- 2- 26 oz cans cream of chicken
- 1- 10 1/2 oz cream of celery
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups sour cream
- Melt 1- 2lb velvetta cheese in microwave with 1/2 cup milk.
Stir until melted and creamy. Add to potato mixture. Divide among 2- 9x13x2 inch greased baking dish.
1 stick butter
2 cups cornflake crumbs
Melt butter and add cornflake crumbs;mix well. Sprinkle evenly on top of each pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
Sometimes I bake one and freeze 1 for later. I like to use the allumium pans with foil lids for freezing. Will keep up to a month in freezer.