Personalize this recipe by using your favorite tomato-based salsa. Or try a fruit salsa such as peach, cranberry, or pineapple. Serve over white rice.
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can whole green chiles, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine chicken and seasoning in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with salsa, cheese, and chiles. Bake at 475° for 8 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 1/2 teaspoons olives.
Calories:207 (15% from fat)
Fat:3.5g (sat 1.4g,mono 1.1g,poly 0.5g)