Tuna and Orzo Casserole
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, washed, sliced
- 4 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 large can (12 ounces) white tuna in water, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.
2. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sliced green onions; saute, stirring, until onion is softened and mushrooms are browned.
3. Stir in flour until blended into the butter. Gradually stir in the milk. continue cooking, stirring, until the mixture is thickened.
4. Add the tuna and cooked peas; stir in salt and pepper, to taste. Combine the sauce mixture and drained pasta until blended.
5. Spoon into the prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and hot.
You'll also love
- Smothered Sirloin Steak in Parm... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Pie with a Twist 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Chyote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clam Chowder with Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bread Stuffing For Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Mixed Seafood Recipe -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Sauce for Grilled Rainbow... 0/5 (0 Votes)