Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 (1 lb) bag of frozen broccoli floret
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 -4 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter (or 10 servings spray butter)
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheddar cheese (we use Kraft Cheddar Classic Melts)
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
1 Place broccoli and 3/4 cup water in microwave safe dish, Microwave broccoli until fork tender (about 6 min on high).
2 Meanwhile in sauce pan, saute shallots until clear.
3 When clear, add flour to pan and stir until flour cooked Add broth and 1/2 cup of broccoli water and 1/4 of broccoli spears.
4 Mash entire mixture with a potato masher.
5 Bring to a rapid boil.
6 Boil for about 3-5 minutes.
7 Decrease heat, add rest of broccoli spears (whole), half and half and cheese.
8 Stir until cheese melts.
9 Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy.