Top with mixture of 1/4 C catsup, 2 T brown sugar, 1 t dry mustard
Can add 1 T Worcestershire, 1/2 t dry mustard, 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 C Milk
- 1/2 C Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C Onion, chopped, sautéed to slightly soften
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (can also use 1.5 teaspoons dried for each of the following herbs)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
1. Combine in a large bowl, eggs and milk. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, sage.
2. Mix beef in thoroughly. Shape into loaf or ring.
3. Bake 350 degrees, 80 minutes.
4. Combine 1/4 c catsup+2 T brown sugar+1 t dry mustard. Use to Top loaf or any barbecue sauce and bake 10 minutes longer.