Low Carb Walnut Pumpkin Pie
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups very finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, walnuts, sugar substitute, salt, and cinnamon until well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a pie plate.
3. Place pie crust in oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until just golden.
4. Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cream, and eggs. Pour into crust.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake another 45 minutes or until pumpkin filling is set and light golden on top. Let cool before serving and slicing.