Blue Cheese Dip
- 4 * 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 * 1 cup sour cream
- 4 * 4 oz. tangy blue cheese, such as Point Reyes
- 2 * 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 * 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- * Potato chips for serving (see related recipe
- at right)
- * Crudités for serving (see related tip at right)
In a bowl, using a handheld electric mixer fitted with the beater attachments, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Reduce the speed to low, add the sour cream and beat until combined, about 1 minute. Add the blue cheese and beat until the cheese is crumbled and no large lumps remain, about 1 minute. Stir in the chives and pepper.
Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week. Serve with potato chips and crudités. Makes about 2 cups.