Strawberries and Cream Trifle Duff's favorite
- 1 can Eagle Brand
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 pkg instant vanilla & pie filling mix
- 1 8oz frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup Smucker's Strawberry Preserves
- 1 large Angel Food cake cut into cubes
- Additional strawberries for garnish
- 2 Tabs sliced almonds (optional)
Whisk Eagle Brand and water in a large bowl. Add the pudding mix. Whisk until well blended.
Refrigerate 5 min.
Fold in whipped topping.
Stir together the strawberries and preserves.
Spoon 2 cups of pudding mixture in glass trifle bowl. Top with half the cake cubes, half the strawberries and half the remaining pudding mix. Repeat layers, ending with pudding.
Refrigerate 4 hrs or until set.
Garnish top of trifle with additional sliced strawberries and almonds just before serving.