Edamame and Roasted Tomato Canapes
- 1 lb(454 g) frozen shelled edamame, (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh mint
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 36 gluten-free crackers or whole-grain crackers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, (optional)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
Tomatoes: Toss together tomatoes, oil, salt, pepper and sugar. Bake, cut side up, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet in 300°F (150°C) oven until shrivelled and dry in centre, about 1-1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan of boiling water, cook edamame until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid; let cool.
Rinse edamame under cold water; transfer to food processor. Add half of the mint, the oil, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, salt and reserved cooking liquid; purée until smooth.
Spoon generous 1 tsp purée onto each cracker; top with tomatoes, remaining mint, and feta cheese (if using).