Chocolate Malted Pie
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages non-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate covered malted milk balls, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1. Cook pudding according to package directions, using the 3 cups of milk. Remove from heat. Add bittersweet chocolate, and stir in malted milk powder. Cool mixture for 5 minutes, stirring often, then pour into crumb crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Up to one hour before serving: beat cream and sugar with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Spread whipped cream over chocolate filling. Chop the malted milk balls into 3 or 4 pieces each, and sprinkle on top of the pie. Drizzle pie with the chocolate syrup. Refrigerate until serving time.