CHICKEN AND SPINACH QUESADILLAS
- For the marinade:
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for sauteing/grilling
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- fajita seasoning to taste (1/8-1/4 package)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 2-3 large whole grain tortillas
1. Add marinade ingredients to a resealable plastic bag and squeeze to mix. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with a little olive oil. Add grated garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add all of the contents of the plastic bag and sprinkle on fajita seasoning. Cook until chicken is done and moisture is absorbed. Toss in torn spinach and cook until wilted, remove from heat.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush lightly with olive oil. Place a tortilla down on the pan, add some Monterey Jack cheese, then 1/2 or 1/3 of the chicken/spinach mixture (depending on how much you have), and top with more of the cheese. Fold over the tortilla and cook until tortilla is crispy and grill marks have formed. Flip to cook other side. Repeat with remaining quesadilla(s).
4. Cut quesadillas with a pizza cutter. Serve with salsa and light sour cream. Enjoy!!!