Spicy noodles with Vegetables and Peanut Sauce
Good with Chicken Satay
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 TBSP soya sauce
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP minced ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, white and light green part only, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 small Italian eggplants, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups) or you can use snow peas or bok choy
- 2 sweet peppers (assorted colours) seeded and cut into strips
- 12 oz linguine, broken into thirds, (or chow mein noodles)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or coriander
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Make the peanut sauce:
In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, water, soya sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and sesame oil.
Stir over medium heat until mixture is warm and smooth.
In wok or large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat.
Add ginger root, garlic, leek and eggplant; cook, stiring for 2 minutes.
Add peppers; cook, stiring , for 1 minute more or until vegetables are just tender-crisp.
Stir in peanut sauce until heated through.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine, or noodles until tender.
Drain and and toss in with vegetables in the wok.
Sprinkle with parsley or coriander.