Sweet Potato Yogurt Soup
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 qt. chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cup Dannon® Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Adapted from dannon.com
1. In a soup pot heat oil. Add onions and cumin and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer soup 20-25 minutes.
2. Puree soup with 1-1/2 cups Dannon® Plain Yogurt and parsley or cilantro. Serve each portion of soup with a dollop of remaining yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.