Coconut Crusted Chicken with Mango Salsa
- 1/2 pound frozen mango, thawed and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. rice viengar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 6ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine the mango, pepper, onion, cilantro and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the coconut in another shalow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg; then in the coconut; press to coat.
In large ovenproof skilet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to oven and baken until cooked through. Serve with mango salsa.