Dad loved these - hard to cut, but easy to make
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Line an 8" square pan with foil and butter foil
2. Combine sugar, cornsyrup and butter in 3 qt saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Boil slowly 4 minutes without stirring
5. Remove from heat and stir in condensed milk.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until candy thermometer reads 238 (soft ball stage), stirring constantly
7. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
8. Pour into prepared pan.
9. Cool - remove from pan and cut in 1" squares.
Wrap individually in waxed paper, twist ends