- 1 box (19.5 oz)Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, well drained, cut in half
- 1 box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped, toasted*
- 1/2 cup Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 48mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with Cooking Spray.
In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Stir in cherries. Spread batter in pan. Bake 28 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with wire whisk until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and nuts. Spread over brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
In medium microwavable bowl, microwave butter and chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes; carefully spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. For brownies, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
*To toast nuts, spread in ungreased shallow pan; bake uncovered at 350°F 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Remove from pan to plate to cool.