Heidi's Strawberry Cheesecake
- 250 ml Vanilla wafer crumbs 1 Cup
- 125 ml Bakers Angel Flake Coconut 1 ½ cup
- 75 ml Melted Butter 1/3 cup
- 1 L Fresh Strawberries 4 cups
- 3 250g pkgs Philadelphia brand cream cheese softened
- 250 ml Sugar 1 cup
- 125 ml Orange juice ½ cup
- 15 ml Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- 2 Envelopes unflavored gelatine 2
- 125 ml Cold water ½ cup
- 250 ml Whipping cream whipped 1 cup
- Garnish Whipped cream
- Mint leaves
Combine crumbs, coconut and butter press onto bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Greast pan sides and line with a strip of wax paper wide enough to reach top of pan.
Reserve several strawberries for garnish. Cut two 6mm slices from centre part of enough strawberries to press a single row of slices around base edge of pan. Cut up remaining strawberries to make 2 cups 500 ml.
Blend or mash prepared strawberries. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice with electric mixed until very smooth. Beat in strawberries. Soften gelatine in cold water, stir over low heat until dissolved. Beat into cheese mixture. Refrigerate until mixture just begins to mound. Fold in whipped cream, pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove cake from pan. Remove wax paper and garnish cake with shipped cream, strawberry slices and fresh min.
Note: Filling can be prepared using a food processor.