Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken bouillon
- 2 5 oz cans green chilies, drained and chopped
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained well and chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- extra cheese and black olives for topping, if desired
Preheat oven to 350F.
To make the sauce, saute garlic and onions in oil. Add flour; stir in bouillon. Cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes, until thickened. Add chilies and tomatoes; allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Makes 3 1/2 to 4 cups of sauce.
To assemble the enchiladas, dip tortillas in hot oil to soften. Drain well on paper towels. Mix sour cream, shredded cheese and chicken. Place filling in center of each tortilla; roll them up. Use approximately 1/2 cup filling per tortilla. Place rolled enchiladas side-by-side in a large baking dish; pour sauce over them. Sprinkle extra cheese and sliced black olives if desired. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.