kicked up breaded pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 thin center-cut pork chops (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Italian Essence or other Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a medium bowl, combine the milk, garlic, white wine, red pepper, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt and stir well. Add the pork chops and soak at room temperature while assembling the remaining ingredients, at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a lightly greased wire rack on top of the baking sheet and set aside.
In a large sealable plastic bag, add the bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, Essence, and cheese and shake to combine. Drain the pork chops from the milk mixture, one at a time, and add to the bread crumb mixture. Shake to coat thoroughly. (You may need to press the mixture into the chops with your hands.)
Arrange the pork chops on the baking rack and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through and the breading is crisp and golden.