Tuscan Tilapia Fillets
Enjoy a light lunch or dinner with this tuscan tilapia filet recipe.
- 2 pounds (5- 7 ounce) fresh tilapia fillets, patted dry
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio or Trebbiano
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons peeled, chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Dredge tilapia fillets in seasoned flour.
Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add fillets and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn gently
and cook for 3 minutes, or until fillets flake easily with a fork. Remove to a warm oven.
Add wine, shallots and tomato to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by a third.
Add cream, garlic and half of the rosemary and boil, stirring frequently, until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon sauce over fillets and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.