Enjoy this soft, creamy and rich blueberry delight for dessert after a meal.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
Adapted from sarahs-blueberry-recipes.com
Combine 1 cup berries with 3/4 cup sugar in pan. Simmer on low heat until sugar is melted and mixture is very liquid; about 5 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and water in a bowl. Add to pan with blueberries. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to full boil and is clear and thick.
Pour hot mixture into large bowl. Cool until warm.
Fold in remaining 3 cups blueberries, lemon rind, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Let cool before adding to dessert.
Combine all the crust ingredients (1-3) together and press down firmly in 13"x9" pan.
In a medium sized bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla.
Then in another bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
Spread onto crust, and then top with blueberry topping.
You'll also love
- Southern Green Beans and New... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Sandwiches with... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Bread 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- strawberry smores 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberries & Cream Cake 4.4/5 (39 Votes)