Baked Potato Soup
The creamiest most delicious loaded baked potato soup I have ever had. This was my mothers recipe. Thanks mom for the great soup!
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large and 2 medium baking potatoes, baked and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced to sprinkle on top
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a large stock pot, melt the butter. Stir in flour; heat and stir until golden and smooth. "Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add bacon, cheddar, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
Serve immediately sprinkled with scallion slices.