Lemon-Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 18 1/4 ounces white cake mix (1 box)
- 3 1/2 ounces lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling (4 serving size)
- 1 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 31mins
Adapted from baking.food.com
1 PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, egg whites and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. (Batter will be thick.) Beat on medium speed 2 minute Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined 2-1/2-inch muffin cups. Make sure to fill them pretty high because the cupcakes do not rise much.
2 BAKE 21 to 24 minute or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
3 MEANWHILE, beat sugar, cream cheese, butter and juice (and lemon zest if using) with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Frost cupcakes.