Polish Sausage and Kraut
- 500 g potatoes
- 2 onions
- 40 g butter oil (ghee)
- 1 Head of white Cabbage
- 3/4 l broth (instant)
- 1 bay leave
- 8 Thuringia Rostbratwuerstchen or normal Bratwurst
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 1 tbsp mustard
- salt, pepper, caraway seeds
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 bunch chives
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Peel potatoes, cut them into cubes.
- Peel and cut onions into small pieces.
- Heat the butter oil and saute potatoes and onions for about 10 minutes.
-Get the Sauerkraut out of the pan and loose it up; put it into the pan together with the broth; let it boil on low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Fry the Sausages in an extra pan in hot butter oil; take them out of the pan and cut them into slanted slices; put them back into the pan and fry them a bit more.
- Mix the cream with the mustard and add to the stew: spice with salt, pepper, caraway seeds.
- Add the sausages; cut chives and sprinkle over the stew. Done! Guten Appetit!