Who said light entrées have to lack flavor? This classy pasta dish will wow family and dinner guests alike.
Calories: 300, Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Carbs: 37 g, Protein: 22 g, Sodium: 220 mg, Fiber: 2 g
- ¾ pound uncooked shell-on medium shrimp (about 20-30), peeled, deveined and tails removed.
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped carrots (2 medium)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/3 cup (1 ½ oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz uncooked linguine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¾ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ cup snipped fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Peel and devein shrimp; remove tails. Coarsely chop carrots using food chopper. Dice tomatoes and slice green onions. Grate Parmesan cheese.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to casserole; cover and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in large (10-in) sauté pan. Add shrimp, carrots, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 mins or just until shrimp turns pink; remove from skillet and keep warm.
4. Gently heat sour cream and evaporated milk in same skillet over low heat whisking (Do not boil). Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add shrimp mixture, tomatoes, green onions, basil, salt, and black pepper; mix gently. Pour shrimp and vegetable mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.