- 1-1/2 cups fresh leaves (packed)
- 3-1/4 cups water
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 4 cups sugar or 2 cups Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp butter
- green food coloring
1. Place jars on rack in large pot filled with water, boil for 10 min. In small sauce pan, coverlids and rings with water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Let standing in hot water until ready to fill. jars. Drain well.
2. Wash, crush leaves and stems. Add 3-1/4 cups water. Bring to boil, remove from heat, cover, let stand 10 min. Strain, measure 3 cups liquid, add drops green food coloring. In 6 - 8 quart saucepan add juice, 1 package pectin and butter. Over high heat, stirring constantly, bring mix to full rolling boil.
3. Continue stirring, adding sweetener all at once, bring to rolling boil again and boil 1 min. continue stirring. Remove from heat, skim off foam with metal spoon or skimmer.
NOTE: Stirr and skim 5 min. for jam, 7 min. for marmalade to prevent floating fruit.
4. Pour jam/jelly into jar towithin 1/8" from top. Wipe rims clean. Place lid on jar, screw on ring.
5. Place jars in canner and make sure they are completely covered with water. Bring to boil and process for 15 min.
6. Remove from canner, invert Jar. Repeat with remaining jars. Let stand 5 min., turn jar upright. Cool, check seals after 1 hour.