- 1/2 cup diced bacon
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups half-and-half
1. Place the bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat, and cook until crisp. Drain and crumble, reserving about 2 tablespoons drippings in the pot.
2. Mix potatoes and onion into the pot with the crumbled bacon and reserved drippings. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Pour in the water, and stir in corn. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pot. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
3. Warm the half-and-half in a small saucepan until it bubbles. Remove from heat before it boils, and mix into the chowder just before serving.