Honey-Glazed Barbecued Spareribs
- 8 lbs pork back ribs, cut into 2 rib portions
- 1 tbsp salad or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Tabasco or hot pepper sauce
1. Cook ribs in water (personally adding a good beer to the water mixture is even better!), simmer covered about one hour, then drain.
2. Cook onion and garlic in hot oil approximately 10 minutes, then add balance of ingredients, heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
3. Ribs may be grilled about 20 minutes basting often with sauce. Just be careful not to burn the glaze with too high of heat.
4. OR ribs may be baked in oven with sauce for about 40 minutes at 450 degrees. Turning ribs over two or three times.