Mashed Potato Cakes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
- 2 tbs shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 or 3 center cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat with cooking spray; add green onions and cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Place mashed potatoes in medium bowl. Stir in onions, cheese, salt, pepper and bacon. Divide potato mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1.2 inch thick patty. Place panko in shallow dish. Dredge patties in panko. Place patties on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden.