New-Fashioned Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 4 cups vanilla soymilk or fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from eatbetteramerica.com
1. In 3-quart saucepan, heat ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low.
2. Cook uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until rice is tender; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Serve warm or chilled with additional brown sugar and soymilk if desired. Cover; refrigerate any remaining pudding.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, heat to boiling over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook uncovered 28 to 33 minutes.
1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 120mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g); Protein 6g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.