- 10 - 12 medium lemons, halved pole to pole then sliced
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups cold water
Mash lemons, sugar, and salt into a saucepan with a potato masher to get all of the juice out of the lemon slices. Once the lemons give up all their juice, the sugar is dissolved, and the liquid takes on a syrup like consistency, pour half the lemon slices and the syrup through a large sieve over a bowl or saucepan. Press on the solids with the masher or wooden spoon to get as much liquid as possible out.
Discard the solids, then pour the syrup into the final serving pitcher. Repeat the process with the second half of the syrup. Stir in water, refrigerate, then serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)