- 10 - 12 medium lemons, halved pole to pole then sliced
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups cold water
Mash lemons, sugar, and salt into a saucepan with a potato masher to get all of the juice out of the lemon slices. Once the lemons give up all their juice, the sugar is dissolved, and the liquid takes on a syrup like consistency, pour half the lemon slices and the syrup through a large sieve over a bowl or saucepan. Press on the solids with the masher or wooden spoon to get as much liquid as possible out.
Discard the solids, then pour the syrup into the final serving pitcher. Repeat the process with the second half of the syrup. Stir in water, refrigerate, then serve.
You'll also love
- Green goddess crab tapas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Lovers Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- granola - coconut almond granola 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Salad with Tomatoes, Lime,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp with Mango, Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)