Pork Chops Barbecue
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp suar
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup ketchip
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsp liquid smoke
- 6 pork rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1-2 Tbsp cooking oil
1. For sauce, in a small saucepan combine the water, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add lemon slice and onion. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir in ketchip, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Return to boiling. Remove from heat; discard lemon slice.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F. In a large skillet brown pork chops, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat. Place pork chops in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; pour sauce over chops.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until meat juices run clear (160F), turning chops once. Remove chops to a serving platter. Pour sauce over all.