Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
Short on time but big on flavor, this creamy and scrumptious Chicken Pot Pie Pasta dish is ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Salt & pepper
- 3/4 pound penne or other short tubular pasta
- 1/3 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, diced medium
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Stir pasta into chicken mixture.