Hot Collard Slaw
From Country Living
We toss tender, garlic-sautéed collard greens with a tangy mustard vinaigrette to make this sensational side dish.
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 16 cup(s) collard greens, washed, dried, and cut horizontally into 3/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound(s) thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch strips, cooked
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 21mins
Adapted from delish.com
1.In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar and set aside. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat remaining olive oil.
2.Add garlic clove and the greens and sauté until tender--5 to 6 minutes. Add the vinegar mixture and toss to distribute evenly.
3.Transfer to a serving dish, top with bacon pieces, and serve immediately.
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat --
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fiber 6g