Mushrooms are filled with cheese, baked and then topped with a homemade red pepper relish to serve.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 24 baby portobello mushroom caps (about 12 ounces)
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Using the side of a knife, mash the garlic with a pinch salt to form a paste. In a bowl, combine the garlic paste, roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon olive oil and the sage to make a red pepper relish to garnish the mushrooms.
Brush the mushrooms with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and stuff with the cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet, season with pepper and bake until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve warm, topped with the red pepper relish.