Pancetta is Italian cured bacon. You can substitute regular bacon, if you wish. Round out the meal with a tossed green salad.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place dough on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal; press dough into a 12-inch circle. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Lightly spray surface of dough with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
Arrange tomato slices on paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle garlic evenly over surface of dough; sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese evenly over dough. Arrange tomato slices on top of cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
Chop pancetta. Cook pancetta in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain. Sprinkle pancetta over pizza; bake an additional 1 minute or until crust is golden. Sprinkle basil over pizza; let stand 2 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.
Calories:243 (32% from fat)
Fat:8.6g (sat 4.2g,mono 1.1g,poly 0.2g)