Orange-Glazed Chicken with Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 naval orange, peeled, thinly sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from eatbetteramerica.com
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides.
2. Add orange juice and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to chicken in skillet; sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Place chicken on serving platter.
3. Add remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and mustard to skillet; increase heat to high. Heat to boiling. Boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is glaze consistency. Stir in orange slices; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until heated.
4. Spoon glaze over chicken on platter. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g); Protein 26g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.