Tuscan White Beans with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 lb (450 g) dried cannellini or great Northern beans, picked over and rinsed
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water or chicken stock
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 12-15 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
Soak the beans in water for at least 5 hours or overnight. Discard the soaking water and boil the beans in fresh water for 15 minutes. Drain the beans and proceed with the recipe.
Combine all the ingredients except the tomatoes and olives in a slow cooker and cook covered on high until the beans are tender, 4 to 5 hours. Stir in the tomatoes and olives and cook covered for 15 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.