Roasted Lemon Chicken
- 1 3-4 lb. roasting chicken
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 1 Medium onion, quartered
- 1 T Olive Oil, more if needed
- 1 T Lemon Pepper seasoning
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
1. Clean and pat dry chicken including cavity.
2. Place lemon and onion inside cavity. Tie legs up to close cavity.
3. Rub skin with oil and add lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Bake 425 deg for 15 mins., then lower heat to 375 deg and roast 1 hour more. Cover for half the time, then uncover to brown the skin.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.