Goat Cheese Salad with Basic Vinaigrette
- 1 spoonful Dijon mustard
- A spoonful of red wine vinegar
- A drop of soy sauce
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 log of goat cheese, about 4 ounces (such as Chevre)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4tbsp pine nuts
- 4 handfuls mesculin mix
- A few spoonfuls of vinaigrette, above
1. Heat oven to 450F. Slice a log of goat cheese into four. Cut the log into four disks. Wrap each disk in a slice of bacon and lay on a baking sheet. Grill for about 5 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the cheese is very hot.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan on the stovetop. Toss the greens with little bit of dressing. Scatter over the nuts. Take the bacon-wrpped cheese from the oven and lay on the salad.