Tortilla Bread Pudding
From Rachel Ray Magazine
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large flour tortillas (about 9 inches) ground into coarse crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 scallions
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Greas an 8 inchs squale baking dish. Using food processor puree 1 cup corn.
2. In a large nonstick skille, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup corn and cook until the corn continues to brown (about 5 minutes). Stir in the chorizo.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stire in the milk, pureed corn and tortilla crumbs. Add the onion-chorizo mixture and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pany and bake until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle w/ the scallions.