Chicken Soup - Donna Bailey
- 4 to 5 lb roasting chicken – remove skin
- Large onion – quartered
- 2 – 3 celery, cut in large pieces
- 2 -3 carrots, cut in large pieces
- Soup mix from Manschewitz matzos ball & soup mix
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp. dill
Place first 4 ingredients in pt, cover with water and cook for 2 plus hours.
Throw out vegetables and pull apart chicken; add more water to taste, if needed.
Add additional ingredients and cook 1 – 2 hours more.
Prepare matzos balls from mix and add to soup during last 20 min.
Cook alphabet pasta and add to bowls when serving