Salad: Paleo Bacon & Beet Salad
- 3 large beets
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the beets in a pot and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the beets are tender.
Meanwhile, heat a large pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
Pat the bacon dry and crumble it.
For perfect hard boiled eggs, place the eggs in a pot with cold water and gently bring to a boil. When the water boils, cover the pot, turn off the heat and let stand for exactly 7 minutes.
After 7 minutes, drain the hot water and rinse with icy cold water for a minute to stop the cooking and prevent a grey ring from forming around the yolk.
When the eggs are cool enough the handle, peel them and chop them coarsely.
Drain and rinse the beets with cold water.
When cold enough to handle, remove the skin from the beets and cut them in cubes.
Place the beet cubes in a bowl, add the other ingredients and combine well.
Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and place in the refrigerator to chill before serving.
You'll also love
- Crabbies Paula Deen 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ravioli Crab Filling 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Yellow Squash and Ham Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Lavender Martini 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Salad--Spinach Pomegranate Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Persimmon Wedges 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Beet Chips with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beet, Goat Cheese and Walnut Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)