Scallops in Sage Cream
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 2 tablespoons oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings