Potato Hash (With Turkey/Bacon or Corned Beef)
- 4 large shredded potatoes
- 3 cups of hot water
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 3 cups of diced cooked: turkey, bacon, or corned beef - leftovers are great for this!
- 3 tsp worchestershire
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 green chopped onions (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- hot pepper flakes and/or tobasco to taste
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Can substitute 2 pkg (1025 g) frozen shredded hash browns for potatoes
- Make sure hash browns and/or potatoes are thoroughly wrung out of all water before cooking!
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
In lg nonstick skillet, bring potatoes, water and onion to boil
Cover and cook over medium heat until veggies are tender
Add meat, worchestershire, garlic, green onions, oil, dill, hot peppers, tobasco, salt and pepper and cook over medium heet until all water is evaporated
Continue to cook with spatula and scrape up crispy bits and stir into mixture until fully browned and crispy throughout - stir often.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with poached eggs.
Could add dash of thyme or paprika to taste as well
You'll also love
- Choke Cherry Jam 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackened Lamb 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Appetizer Grape Jelly and Chili... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Corn Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Maple Pecan Cheesecake -... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chile Verde Con Cerdo (Green Chili... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin and King... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Arugula Pesto Pasta with Ricotta... 4/5 (1 Votes)